Vortious Custom Accessories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggles: A Very British Hero

Go down

Biggles: A Very British Hero Empty Biggles: A Very British Hero

Post by Kambei Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 am

Squadron Leader James 'Biggles' Bigglesworth. RFC, RAF, DSO, DFC, MC/Bar:

Biggles: A Very British Hero Biggles01 Biggles: A Very British Hero Biggles02

Biggles: A Very British Hero Biggles03

Head: Matt Tracker
Torso/Waist: 25th Duke
Arms: RoC Destro
Legs: RoC Cobra Commander

When I finished off my Spirit and Shadow customs, I started looking around for more charcaters to add to my Pulp Era set. I wanted someone British. There was only one name that sprang immediately to mind who was distinctive enough to make into a figure; one that was not just another man in a suit: James Bigglesworth, AKA Biggles. Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force fighter Ace, adventurer and Sergeant in the Special Air Police. The subject of 96 books and short stories by Capt. W.E. Johns between 1932 and 1970.
The main problem for this figure was the flying jacket. I had already picked the body, arms, legs and head. I had several coats in my fodder box, but could not find one that really worked. I used a POTF2 Ponda Baba coat once before, so I ordered another. While waiting for it to arrive, I found a RoC Heavy Duty waistcoat in a fodder box. It was a perfect fit for the Duke torso and Destro arms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggles

Kambei

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum