The Corps of Light a long on going project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Corps of Light a long on going project

Post by Vortious on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:45 am

I started this project in February of 2011, and it is still on going (I've copied, and pasted old posts to post it all on here)...

I'm going to be making several Green Lanterns, I was going to start w/ the GLs from our home sector of 2814, unfortunately I'm awaiting the arrival of the parts for them. So thanks to Kambei for reminding me about Stel the GL of sector 3009. I found a picture of the 6" Stel figure, and it is almost an exact match to the IM2 Deep Dive Concept armor.

Well my parts for Kilowog came in yesterday afternoon, and I had to get started on him right away. It took me a couple of hours yesterday evening, and this morning to finish him up. I must say that I'm really happy with how the sculpting on his face turned out.

Hey Poozer! How's 'bout a close up!

Now lemme show mah stuff!

Ahright now where's 'at Poozer fr'm Sector 3009

Corps role call Poozers!
Kilowog of sector 674, and Stel of sector 3009

Next it'll be the GLs from 2814, unless I find a movie Ironmonger to make RRU-9-2 from sector 279 before they arrive.

Well I'm still waiting for my parts for my earth GLs. So in the mean time I'm going to make all the ones I can. As I mentioned earlier I saw in the Sinestro Corps War secret files that RRU-9-2 looks allot like the movie Ironmonger. So I hunted it down yesterday morning, and just finished painting him.

RRU-9-2 of sector 279:

taking aim

My 3 GLs so far

I got a 25th Gen. Hawk, put a PoC Dusty head on him, and painted to make Hal in his civilian clothes.

I attempted to put his name on the plate. You can read it but just barely.

I painted the ring on in metalic green, and put a neon green center on it.

Hannu of sector 2

Hannu w/ the rest of my GLs so far

I've liked G'nort since I saw the Batman brave & the bold episode w/ G'nort, and Guy. So when I started making GLs it was only a matter of time before I made him.

G'nort w/ the rest of my GLs so far

Now even though it looks like Carol is shorter than Star Sapphire it's just due to SS' heels. If she wasn't wearing heels they'd be the same height.

Star Sapphire started out as a Phoenix, and then I carved off the face mask, and collar from the DCUIH Star Sapphire, and fitted the collar onto the Phoenix body, and the mask onto a RoC Baroness head, and switched the feet out w/ a RoC Baroness for her high heels. Then painted her.

Carol started out as a RoC Cover Girl torso, MU MJ legs, Agent Helix feet, and a Baroness head. I was quite surprised to find that the MJ legs fit onto the RoC Tbar. I painted her to look like the way she looked in GL first flight, and painted over the Joe logo, and made the Ferris company logo on her badge.

Carol showing Hal her new ring.

For Hal I went w/ an armored look to his classic uniform

Head: PoC Dusty
body, arms, and upper legs: RoC RiA Duke
lower legs: 25th crimson guard

For John I went for his modern look w/ a little bit of the armor detail painted to show the shape of the armor

Head: RoC Ripcord
body, upper arms, and upper legs: RoC RiA Ripcord
lower arms: MU Namor modded to have to swivel elbow

For Guy I went w/ his modern look for his hair style, and I painted his ring to be like the Honor guard ring he wears

Head: RoC Duke
body, and lower arms: RoC Paris Pursuit Stormshadow
upper arms, and upper legs: RoC RiA Duke

For Kyle who has had so many different suits I decided I had to be a little creative. So using elements of each suit he's worn I combined them to make a suit that I think really pops. He has the Ion era logo, and mask, the current shape to the green area of his chest, and the classic arm, and leg armor. I also gave Kyle the honor guard ring.

Head: 25th Gen Hawk
body, upper arms, and upper legs: RoC RiA Duke
lower arms, and lower legs: MKIII IM

The 4 GLS of 2814 together

w/ the other GLs so far

Here's an update on my Lantern customs

Close up of Jack under a light
Vortious
Admin

View user profile http://vortiouscustoms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Corps of Light a long on going project

Post by Vortious on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:27 pm

I finished Jack Moore aka Rankorr

Here's my spectrum of Rainbow Lanterns so far. I just need to add Agent Orange, and Indigo

I also made Aya. So I now have the crew of the Interceptor from Green Lantern Animated

Vortious
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortious on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Atrocitus

Vortious
Admin

Back to top Go down